GhostBSD 18.10 RC2 in VirtualBox

Questions about the installation of FreeBSD
abm

Re: GhostBSD 18.10 RC2 in VirtualBox

Post by abm »

Thank you for the quick turnaround.

Installing RC3 was successful and other than the mouse integration issue, it went a lot better, the installer completed without crashing and things are looking good after rebooting.

There is one more thing, I didn't mention it in the first post but thought I would do so now. The mouse pointer acceleration or sensitivity is quite high in RC3, making it more difficult to point the mouse on specific locations.

I tried to tweak the settings using the MATE's System -> Preferences -> Hardware -> Mouse widget but the acceleration and sensitivity are already at their lowest values so I can't make adjustments.

With research I'm sure I can find out how to tweak the underlying settings but thought I'd mention that the desktop is currently not making it possible to fix the mouse settings.
ericbsd
Developer

Re: GhostBSD 18.10 RC2 in VirtualBox

Post by ericbsd »

abm wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:24 pm I tried to tweak the settings using the MATE's System -> Preferences -> Hardware -> Mouse widget but the acceleration and sensitivity are already at their lowest values so I can't make adjustments.
Actually, the mate mouse the acceleration and sensitivity can be adjustments, I have no idea why be it comes at the lowest but if you play with it it will make a difference.