k3b gone from repo? FreeBSD 11.1-RELEASE-p4 amd64

Need support for GhostBSD. Ask here if your question does not fit elsewhere.
Nostradamus

k3b gone from repo? FreeBSD 11.1-RELEASE-p4 amd64

Post by Nostradamus »

Good Afternoon, :)
Since this is my first real post, I'll say a bit about myself:
I've been using GhostBSD for about a year and I love it, I used to run Solaris, as everyone knows, it's getting increasingly more difficult to run Solaris as a desktop, of course I have and been running different Linux distros(since 1996) and like them very much for what they are and do, but the love affair I'm having with GhostBSD is bitter sweet, but, maybe that's where the attraction comes from. I'm quite comfortable adding and using lines of code and as far as compiling goes, given enough time(errors, anxiety attacks, and hair loss) I can get it done. So, be gentle when answering because I'm not nearly on the same level as most of the advanced people in this forum.
Here's my questions:
I've noticed some changes in the last week regarding packaging, some new, and some missing. I know that sometimes these things take a few days to get back up and running, however, I wanted to inquire about K3B, I noticed it's no longer in the repository and wanted to know it will be supported and back in the repository in the near future?
Another question, is Ghost BSD still using the FreeBSD immediate releases versus the quarterly? Or, is GhostBSD using it's own unique repository that's unique and independent of FreeBSD?

Hopefully my questions made sense and were to the point.
Thank you for your time and help.
-Pete
ericbsd
Developer

Re: k3b gone from repo? FreeBSD 11.1-RELEASE-p4 amd64

Post by ericbsd »

I am working on that, the last update was full of problem, so I have been reworking the infrastructure for pkg, I will let you know as soon everything is fixed.
Nostradamus

Post by Nostradamus »

Awesome, Thx Eric

And an added Thank You for making this distro possible for the rest of us, many times developer's hear about problems we users have and not much about the valiant efforts all of you make.

Have a great day. :)
-Pete
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

K3B is back in the repository.