Security for new users

Need support for GhostBSD. Ask here if your question does not fit elsewhere.
amos

Security for new users

Post by amos »

I followed the security steps mentioned on the GhostBSD website. However I am unable to persist the changes using the instructions given. I do not have write access to the files in the etc folder and anyhow the files are named similarly but are not the same. This is using a fresh install with rhunter and clamav installed. Another guy on the web has a security script I would like to run but I cant - no access - it is a few years old now. I also tried looking in dconfig there doesn't seems to be anything relevant.
The ethos of GhostBSD is to bring down the entry level. Although I have managed this quite easily the tweaks are not so easy as it seems.
I installed GhostBSD on my 10 yearold laptop. Quite glad I did. I got over the sound hurdle in an acceptable fashion. Its nice to not be a MS, Appple or linux follower!
If you can help secure this machine further I will spread the word. Great OS so far. It just does what it says on the tin.
amos

Re: Security for new users

Post by amos »

I an a new user and BSD noobie!
wb7odyfred

Post by wb7odyfred »

When you installed Ghostbsd, you entered an root user password.

Code: Select all

su -
su root
whoami
pwd
Now you can edit all files. you can destroy items to! be careful.

What more security are you looking for?
amos

Post by amos »

All sorted. I was just not used to the work flow after being in the windows domain for so long.