Disappearing Programs

Need support for GhostBSD. Ask here if your question does not fit elsewhere.
d93

Disappearing Programs

Post by d93 »

Did an update with the system updater and used the software center to download some apps. After that OBS studio disappeared from my system. Is this a problem with OBS or the operating system? I switched from Linux to bsd so I’m not exactly sure how everything works yet
RodMyers

Re: Disappearing Programs

Post by RodMyers »

Usually means that they failed for some reason
wb7odyfred

Re: Disappearing Programs

Post by wb7odyfred »

Disappeared? Maybe or Maybe Not. Depends where you look?

Code: Select all

echo $PATH
whereis  program_name
which  program_name
find /bin -name "obs*" -print 

ls -l  /bin /sbin  /usr/bin /usr/sbin /usr/local/bin /usr/local/sbin /usr/local/share/applications  | grep -in obs

ls -l /usr/share/
Just some ideas to get started looking for the missing obs program. You try some of your own ideas?

Code: Select all

sudo  find / -name "obsd*" -print
I did see that program_name.desktop file when placed in location /usr/local/share/applications adds a menu entry to MATE desktop

Need more specifics from you, OBS is missing. Okay. Where did you last see OBS? Was he wearing a RED HAT? Maybe he moved out of the neighborhood? Did you interview wome of his friends? Yes, kind a long stretch for telling you a joke. But looking for details from you with specifics.
generate_user_report-1.0_2.pkg can be installed and make a nice single file report.

Do you have time to test GURU generate_User_report for Upload on your Ghostbsd system?
https://t.me/ghostbsd/138619