steam and wine gaming

Need support for GhostBSD. Ask here if your question does not fit elsewhere.
LibreQuest

Re: steam and wine gaming

Post by LibreQuest »

I had an issue with the linux-steam-utils script when it came to setting up Proton so I changed the script to disregard wheel user check and installed Steam on my wheel user account. Anyway, Proton gaming in Steam works for me and Wine runs all the games as it does on Linux. So far I've only tested a few but all is good.

Also winetricks is available.

For me the switch from Linux to FreeBSD, GhostBSD and OpenBSD has been a great experience. I've not tried all the BSDs yet but I'm just using what works best with each system I set up. So far FreeBSD hasn't let me down on desktops and GhostBSD has been great on laptops. And OpenBSD is perfect for my 64bit systems that require a 32bit efi.
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

Great to hear! Thanks!
MikeBishop

Post by MikeBishop »

I just came across this thread and thought I'd chime in. So, regarding Steam and Wine on Linux systems, yes, it is definitely possible to play games using that combo.
MikeWaars

Post by MikeWaars »

I've tried it myself, and it can work like a charm. As for Lutris, it's a fantastic tool that can make gaming on Linux even smoother by managing different game launchers and configurations. It's worth giving it a shot!
But let me share something interesting I recently discovered. I stumbled upon some cool insights on how to make money from Audible. It was a game-changer for me, and I thought it might interest you too. So, if you're into audiobooks, exploring the potential income opportunities on Audible could be worth your while.
wb7odyfred

Post by wb7odyfred »

pkg install Suyimazu
from inside a running Suyimazu, install Wine and SteamOS Then you should have a very good gaming system.

Fred