Can't mount audio cd

Need support for GhostBSD. Ask here if your question does not fit elsewhere.
spanakop

Can't mount audio cd

Post by spanakop »

I'm having issues mounting an external CD-ROM drive. It's a USB cd drive as the laptop doesn't have a built in one.

On the 12.1 version of GhostBSD it worked fine, but on release 13, it doesn't recognise the file system so can't mount it. I even used an audio CD I know worked previously in the same drive just to make sure it wasn't the new disk.

The device is seen...

Code: Select all

$ camcontrol devlist
<ASUS SDRW-08U7M-U A101>           at scbus0 target 0 lun 0 (pass0,cd0)
<Generic- SD/MMC 1.00>             at scbus1 target 0 lun 0 (da0,pass1)

$ tail /var/log/automount.log 
2021-05-27 13:04:47 /dev/cd0: attach
2021-05-27 13:04:48 /dev/cd0: wait for device retry 1/3
2021-05-27 13:04:49 /dev/cd0: wait for device retry 2/3
2021-05-27 13:04:49 /dev/cd0: filesystem not supported or no filesystem
I even tried mounting it manually

$ mount_cd9660 /dev/cd0 /media/cd
mount_cd9660: /dev/cd0: No such file or directory
i've been through the fusefs items in pkg and can't see any 9660 file system drivers. The system works great with SD cards and USB drives, they pop up automatically in Caja, but not the CD drive. I'm using the built-in automount as I did previously.

I have looked at the kernel modules between this and the last release, and they are the same. The devfs.ruleset is the same, I am part of the operator group, I have vfs.usermount=1 in my rc.conf.

Any help?
spanakop

Re: Can't mount audio cd

Post by spanakop »

Just make it even more odd, I tried using dsbmc. As soon as the CD drive is plugged in, dsbmc auto opens VLC to play the CD, but I can't see where it has mounted the drive to.

Perhaps I'm getting myself confused. I just put in a data cd and it worked without dsbmc.

User error by the looks of it :oops: :oops:

Sorry guys