Is Hardware Upgrade Reqired?

Need support for GhostBSD. Ask here if your question does not fit elsewhere.
darkoverlordofdata

Is Hardware Upgrade Reqired?

Post by darkoverlordofdata »

I like GhostBSD, the only problem with dual booting is that I need windows for my day job, so I never ended up actually using GhostBSD. So, I’ve installed it on my old Inspiron, and it works great. But...

I noticed that the minimum hardware requirements for GhostBSD recently tripled https://wiki.ghostbsd.org/index.php?### ... oldid=2144:, going from 2.5gb up to 8gb, and now back to 6gb.

This is a bit worrisome – I’m currently using 20.08.04 on a 4gb machine. Will I need to upgrade my hardware in order to upgrade to the latest version of GhostBSD? What changed that requires so much more ram?
ericbsd
Developer

Re: Is Hardware Upgrade Reqired?

Post by ericbsd »

6GB is for the iso zfs live session once installed there are no changes from the previous even installation. If you upgrade, there are no changes. We are working on lowering the ram requirement for the new live session to be at 4GB.
darkoverlordofdata

Post by darkoverlordofdata »

I get it. Thanks!
security_lover

Post by security_lover »

I installed using the GhostBSD-21.01.20.iso. I have only 4GB of ram. I don't do a lot of multitasking but I use Firefox, Hexchat & VLC simultaneously. I don't see any slowdowns the system is very fast & responsive.
I am paranoid about security !