no tearing: how did you do it?

Need support for GhostBSD. Ask here if your question does not fit elsewhere.
broozar

no tearing: how did you do it?

Post by broozar »

Hi GhostBSD devs, congratulations on delivering my first out-of-the-box tear-free experience with MATE/Marco, nvidia and Chrome with smooth scrolling! You have achieved something that I failed to get with any other Linux or BSD. Great stuff! Now, since I have been working on my own FreeBSD+MATE setup for a while (see https://github.com/broozar/installDesktopFreeBSD), I am really curious about the following things:

- How did you achieve the tear-free MATE on (Free)BSD? Would you share some pointers? Your xorg.conf looks innocent enough...
- How did you get MATE Tweaks (aka Station Tweaks) to run? Where is the source/repo hosted, since I cannot seem to find it in the FreeBSD repo?
- I have never seen "Marco (Simple desktop effects)" as a window manager option in Tweaks, is this something custom?

Any suggestions on how to get your tear-free trick over to FreeBSD and Linux is greatly appreciated.
broozar

Re: no tearing: how did you do it?

Post by broozar »

... hang on, firefox exhibits severe tearing, but the chromium rendering is flawless. what's going on here?