too much troubles with ghostBSD

Need support for GhostBSD. Ask here if your question does not fit elsewhere.
naka85

too much troubles with ghostBSD

Post by naka85 »

Hi.
Ghostbsd, with mate, why not?

Ghostbsd can not be localized. You must use a american layout of the keyboard to login.

The screensaver is ennoying; it starts every 20 min; why?? I try with the system menu: no effect, and with xset -dpms (as in FreeBSD, but it is not FreeBSD): no effect; unpossible to see a movie. Thanks.

A easy way to freee GBSD: try to open the Mate Terminal; same problem with the live session.

GhostBSD can't even mount a USB key!! We are in 2019 _after_ JC! Even Windows(tm) can do that!!

There is no upgrade possible! Incredible! No upgrade!! You must re-install!!

I reinstalled it, but cannot connect with my user name!! Why?? I connect me with the root id before use it. Why?

Some progs disappears thince my reinstallation, like sweeper,...

It is not possible to add an applet in the task bar (for exemple the mount disk utility).

I can now use GBSD to navigate 20 min on the Net.

It can not shutdown, a processus forbid it; at-spi-something.

Perfectible!!!
ericbsd
Developer

Re: too much troubles with GhostBSD

Post by ericbsd »

You will not be impressed with the next release also since the upgrade will only be supported by ZFS since the only way to upgrade to new base system packages will be done sysup, which only support ZFS.

I do understand the frustration, but I am limited by what I can do, because of time.
NevilleGoddard
Developer

Re: too much troubles with ghostBSD

Post by NevilleGoddard »

What version are you using? I have none of the troubles you are talking about
plumtreed

Re: too much troubles with ghostBSD

Post by plumtreed »

I use the American keyboard so that is one problem I may have just not realized was there.........otherwise GhostBSD runs well and
the install process was reasonable......in fact it is very good.
naka85

Re: too much troubles with GhostBSD

Post by naka85 »

ericbsd wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 4:24 pm You will not be impressed with the next release also since the upgrade will only be supported by ZFS since the only way to upgrade to new base system packages will be done sysup, which only support ZFS.

I do understand the frustration, but I am limited by what I can do, because of time.
OK.
You have done a lot of work.
This problem is not critical. I make an update only after 2 years or more, essentially because of Firefox failure.
But how to inactive the screensaver??
Why this stupid parameters? Black screen each 40 min...
Why can't I shutdown?
what is at-soi-something?
Do you think ghostbsd will recognise a USK key in the future?
Thanks.