mouse cursor - bit too senstive and fast even on lowest setting

Need support for GhostBSD. Ask here if your question does not fit elsewhere.
breadmoth

mouse cursor - bit too senstive and fast even on lowest setting

Post by breadmoth »

So I am just playing with GhostBSD18.12 in a VM (VirtualBox 6), very nice but just one problem, and that is the mouse. I have it set to the lowest sensitivity and acceleration - see screenshot; and it flies just be me nudging my mouse. I mean, if that is the lowest setting, will it go to plaid in the highest setting? Slow down mouse!
Attachments
VirtualBox_FreeBSD_15_01_2019_02_08_40.jpg
breadmoth

Re: mouse cursor - bit too senstive and fast even on lowest setting

Post by breadmoth »

So I went into the settings for VirtualBox, and changed the pointing device from PS/2 to USB Tablet, and now it is much better moving the mouse around , however now I cannot click on anything. I even rebooted and booted only the live environment only, same thing. The speed on the mouse is now sane, but I just cannot click on anything nothing happens when I click on an icon or menu. So I am stuck. I can either have a sensitive and too much of an accelerated mouse cursor, or a normal speed mouse cursor that I cannot actually click on anything.
willbproggin

Post by willbproggin »

I am running 19.04 on bare metal, and my USB trackball also is extremely sensitive and fast on the lowest setting. I don't think the pointer arrow is this sensitive on stock FreeBSD.
An imperfect being created by a perfect God! :D
willbproggin

Post by willbproggin »

I have found a relatively easy solution to the fast mouse acceleration. I have added:

Code: Select all

xset m 1 1
to my startup programs. This slows the mouse down to a reasonable speed. Hopefully this can help others...
xset-1-1-slow-mouse-down.png
xset-1-1-slow-mouse-down.png (19.36 KiB) Viewed 6774 times
:)
An imperfect being created by a perfect God! :D
LargoExpress

Post by LargoExpress »

willbproggin wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:32 pm I have found a relatively easy solution to the fast mouse acceleration. I have added:

xset m 1 1
to my startup programs. This slows the mouse down to a reasonable speed. Hopefully this can help others...
xset-1-1-slow-mouse-down.png

:)
Thank you! While it doesn't want to load the command on startup for me, as confirmed by

xset q
the command

xset m 1 1
does actually work if entered into a terminal. So not quite as automatic, but if I'm going to be in the desktop for any length of time, definitely worth it. Registered just to thank you! :mrgreen: