ASX Quited

News and Announcements related to GhostBSD
ericbsd
Developer

ASX Quited

Post by ericbsd »

Not the first time he quit, but this time I think it is for good, there is to mush unexplained issue that happens this year with FreeBSD and ASX did not like the what happened with Marino, but John Marino himself did not reveal what happened.

I did learn from, Kris, the day that ASX quite what did happen and I would have voted for Marino to get out of FreeBSD. I cannot say much I guess, but It looked bad for the current core team but the probation was made by the core team before the current one and the behavior did not change. I will not say much more.

For those who are not aware flavored ports are now in motion and that has deeply concern ASX to point that ASX sent me a message on IRC that he quit with a link to freebsd wiki page Fryday.

<asx> eturgeon, look at the bottom of the page (TOOLS): https://wiki.freebsd.org/Ports/FlavorsAndSubPackages
<asx> eturgeon, ericbsd, I'm sorry but I'm feeling like being in the wrong place, therefore I will leave.
<asx> I wish you guys the best of luck!
<asx> see you
* asx (~asx___@93-34-145-252.ip50.fastwebnet.it) has left ("Leaving")

I have learned that core team was not aware of the change to flavored ports and I looked into the bottom of the page that ASX sent, Synth is not on the list and it is probably what pushed asx to quit.