interesting post

News and Announcements related to GhostBSD
ericbsd
Developer

Re: interesting post

Post by ericbsd »

I do agree with that, and the thing is most of our problem are related to ports not well maintain and pc-sysinstall. The booting problem is not due to FreeBSD, it have all to do with ports, since 10.3 there is a lot booting problem due to X11 and it have always as been like this since I started the project.

I am also starting to thing that there is something that is broking pkg in ghostbsd-build look at LightDM it get broken after the after extra.sh and it is clonefs.sh that is the next script. ghostbsd-build might be the problem of most of the issue related I have to look at the other script to see if uzip get copied well I might that to use tar the same way you did on the installer.

But I have no idea if it still use rsnyc.
ASX

Post by ASX »

ericbsd wrote:I do agree with that, and the thing is most of our problem are related to ports not well maintain and pc-sysinstall. The booting problem is not due to FreeBSD, it have all to do with ports, since 10.3 there is a lot booting problem due to X11 and it have always as been like this since I started the project.
What about breaking the rules ?

What do you think about releasing GhostBSD 10.3 SE ? (Second Edition LoL), so that we set up our own repos for 10.3 and continue to consolidate something that "is working".

I am also starting to thing that there is something that is broking pkg in ghostbsd-build look at LightDM it get broken after the after extra.sh and it is clonefs.sh that is the next script. ghostbsd-build might be the problem of most of the issue related I have to look at the other script to see if uzip get copied well I might that to use tar the same way you did on the installer.

But I have no idea if it still use rsnyc.[/quote]
OK, we will see, and we will find out what it is.
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

I had that idea, but it would be the same problem because we have to use the same tool to build 10.3 SE.