single user mode?

Need support for GhostBSD. Ask here if your question does not fit elsewhere.
pavel

single user mode?

Post by pavel »

Hello. I installed GhostBSD about three months ago to give it a spin. I am mostly quite impressed at how the distro hits its stated mark in regards to its ease of use for beginners. however,I do have a problem which I can't seem to find a solution for. After installation I played with GhostBSD for a few days and then left it until today. Contrary to what I have seen written I find that my regular account has no privileges, and I can't do things such as install packages - and I've forgotten my root password. I don't seem to recall setting one up during install - but I guess I'm getting senile.

I went to log into single user mode but the menu I see states to push the left shift key for options, but doing so does not do anything, and neither does holding the enter key. How does one get into single user mode, in order to reset my root passwd and then put myself into the wheel group? Hopefully this is an easy fix - thanks for any help that anyone can offer.
ericbsd
Developer

Re: single user mode?

Post by ericbsd »

Yea that is kind of my fault, I did block the single user mode, for security reason because anyone who have physical, would be able to use single user mode to gain Admin access. If you don't remember your root password your stock, but I will PM you a solution.