Slogan for shirt

News and Announcements related to GhostBSD
ericbsd
Developer

Slogan for shirt

Post by ericbsd »

I have the old one "BSD served on a Desktop" and the one that Jake made for Patreon "A full-fledged desktop BSD Operating System". What do you think guys?
kraileth

Re: Slogan for shirt

Post by kraileth »

I would always prefer the definite article ("the") over the indefinite one ("a") in this case. This makes for a stronger, less vague statement. Other than that, I like it.

However I went a little creative after brainstorming about what could be put on a t-shirt (and not ending up with a slogan that I'd be remotely happy with). This is just a scratch (I'm no artist and in a few years my children will likely have better GIMP skills than I have). The layout is pretty bad and I didn't take time to reason about the words to use but instead just put everything that crossed my mind on there. Still I wanted to share it with you. You surely all know those "word images" and thus know what I actually wanted to do (but am incapable of doing :P).

The idea here is the logo plus the words "stable *nix desktop experience" (should have made those bigger...) and then a collection of words related to our favorite OS. Might even be more of an eye-catcher on a conference or something than just a logo and a slogan. Could of course also be too twitchy for some people if stuffed with many more words. Who knows.
Attachments
gbsd_img.png
ASX

Post by ASX »

I can only repeat what was told me from a "graphics expert" some time ago:

A logo should be designed so that it can be easily reproduced on a variety of media, (shirt, stickers, paper, plastic gadgets, ...), colors also should follow a similar pattern. That's about "branding". (in fact he shown me that all major brands are using a fairly simple logo).

~~~

Actuallly I'm desperate, although I would like to classify the OS as "full fledged", it seems to me it can be barely defined "basic OS", very far from full fledged. (Think at the amazing lack of bluetooth support, virtualbox not working as expected,, ... and many more).

Therefore I would be inclined to keep a low profile, something like: "Just works" or "keep it simple" ...etc., I would stay very far/distant from what could be defined a "fanboy slogan". ;)

"BSD served on a Desktop" sound more reasonable to me, but considering the above advice, something shortened like "BSD Desktop" look even better to me.
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

Kraileth I would not pit stable, yes the base is stable, but the software on the top is not.

The whole slogan on Patreon GhostBSD is creating a full-fledged desktop BSD Operating System.
ASX wrote: Actuallly I'm desperate, although I would like to classify the OS as "full fledged", it seems to me it can be barely defined "basic OS", very far from full-fledged. (Think at the amazing lack of bluetooth support, virtualbox not working as expected,, ... and many more).
The lake of Bluetooth can be done in the future, but I know a lot of people down here don't use Bluetooth on their computer and I think they would not classify the lake of Bluetooth of basic, but this is relative to a group of people.

What about "A simple, elegant desktop BSD Operating System" that remove full-fledged and simple is true, not all level yet.
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

By the kraileth Gimp is the worst tool to work on a logo or things to put on a shirt, I use Inkscape.
ASX

Post by ASX »

ericbsd wrote:What about "A simple, elegant desktop BSD Operating System" that remove full-fledged and simple is true, not all level yet.
+1 ;)
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

ASX

Post by ASX »

ericbsd wrote:Have a look on the shirt https://www.zazzle.com/ghostbsd_dark_t_ ... 5963435252

I prefer this one: :D