gbi problem

News and Announcements related to GhostBSD
ASX

gbi problem

Post by ASX »

There is a function in gbi, partition.py, meant to delete some config files: revertChange(self, widget)
the above function, among other things, delete some config files in /tmp/.gbi.
That's fne, as far as I can see.

~~~

There is however a case where you can select manual partitioning ... do something, then decide to click 'back' button and next choose 'full disk' install.

In this case, some config files previously saved in /tmp/.gbi are not deleted, creating ambiguity to the program who will put in effect the selected partitioning.

In my opinion those config files should be always deleted upon entering the window where you choose the type of partitioning (ufs vs zfs vs. custom), most likely by calling the above function revertChange(), but I will leave to Eric the choice about how to modify the program.

~~~

Additionally, there is a type at line 443 of partition.py: "Faulse" instead of "False".
ericbsd
Developer

Re: gbi problem

Post by ericbsd »

Yup this need to be handle, will do so before 10.3 Alpha2.
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

I did a change this need to be tested.
ASX

Post by ASX »

I marked this as solved, by error, it is not solved, or least not tested enough.
ASX

Post by ASX »

ASX wrote:There is a function in gbi, partition.py, meant to delete some config files: revertChange(self, widget)
There is however a case where you can select manual partitioning ... do something, then decide to click 'back' button and next choose 'full disk' install.

In this case, some config files previously saved in /tmp/.gbi are not deleted, creating ambiguity to the program who will put in effect the selected partitioning.
I do not see commits in ghostbsd/gbi related to the above, unsure if it was addressed somewhere else.

However, there is another corner use case that came to my mind, it is about to launch gbi, perform some custom partitioning, and then abandon/exit gbi completely and restart anew, possibly resulting in a similar scenario as above.
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

I have forgotten that one.
ASX

Post by ASX »

ASX wrote:
ASX wrote:There is a function in gbi, partition.py, meant to delete some config files: revertChange(self, widget)

I do not see commits in ghostbsd/gbi related to the above, unsure if it was addressed somewhere else.

However, there is another corner use case that came to my mind, it is about to launch gbi, perform some custom partitioning, and then abandon/exit gbi completely and restart anew, possibly resulting in a similar scenario as above.
Quoting myself, just as a reminder, because I noticed you are going to release ALPHA2.
Let me disagree, this is only significative bug still pending. Once this this fixed, you can safely go for BETA1 instead of ALPHA2, in my opinion.

All is needed here is to assure that every time gbi enter "custom partitioning", all tmp file eventually created in a previous run are being cleared/deleted.
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

Yea I think this one is now fix and I want to release an alpha2 only because we might have problem with uefi, only to be on the safe side.