11.1 RC1 Link is Wrong

Share your ideas, questions or suggestions with us here.
fmh

11.1 RC1 Link is Wrong

Post by fmh »

The link to the 11.1 RC1 takes you to the 11.1 B1 FTP Folder not to the RC1 FTP Folder.

Also I am sad to see i386 no longer be supported. I was a i386 user because of older hardware I use and lower resourced VMs. I will have to try the 64bit build now and see how that works for me. Unfortunately there are not many i386 OSes anymore not just GhostBSD.

Was it necessary to remove all i386 previous builds except to save on hosting costs?
ericbsd
Developer

Re: 11.1 RC1 Link is Wrong

Post by ericbsd »

Thanks for the reporting the link issue.

Yeah, it was hard and big decision to take.
ASX

Post by ASX »

fmh wrote:Was it necessary to remove all i386 previous builds except to save on hosting costs?
The hosting costs aren't the main issue, the problem is more about "time", build time, testing time ...
Previous builds (versions up to 10.3) are still there and they will remain I guess ... I see no reason to remove them.
fmh

Post by fmh »

i386 builds are not available on the FTP site ftp://ghostbsd.org/pub/GhostBSD/release ... 3-RELEASE/ You only get the amd64 directories with no path to the i386 builds. But from here you get the i386 builds http://www.ghostbsd.org/download

In the end it doesn't really matter much. The world has gone 64-bit and I understand that a shrinking 32 user base with limited resources (time) the decision was easy to make to drop 32 bit.
ASX

Post by ASX »

Hmm .. not sure about the website links, however i386 images are definitely there:

ftp://ghostbsd.org/pub/GhostBSD/release ... .3-RELEASE
hank2000

Post by hank2000 »

ASX wrote:
fmh wrote:Was it necessary to remove all i386 previous builds except to save on hosting costs?
The hosting costs aren't the main issue, the problem is more about "time", build time, testing time ...
Previous builds (versions up to 10.3) are still there and they will remain I guess ... I see no reason to remove them.
which is good, as it helps to keep less potent hardware like my netbook, that helps me cross the gap until GhostBSD works well with my newest hardware. ;)
and I hope the financial situation isn t too hard as I can t "upgrade" beyond the 5CD$ at the mom. due to job change.

but I keep struggling along with everything, one day it will be perfect I m sure! :D

cheers
Achim