Latest Updates Bring MATE 1.8 to Ghost 10.3

Share your ideas, questions or suggestions with us here.
frogprince

Latest Updates Bring MATE 1.8 to Ghost 10.3

Post by frogprince »

My 10.3 update this afternoon was huge (> 1GB!), but upgraded MATE from 1.2 to 1.8, and that's welcome. Just an fyi, and thanks to the team. :D
Vas you efer in Zinzinnati? Asus F1A75-M, AMD A8-3870 APU, 6 GB DDR3/120 GB SSD, GeForce 210, missing front drive panel just like its owner.
kraileth

Re: Latest Updates Bring MATE 1.8 to Ghost 10.3

Post by kraileth »

frogprince wrote:My 10.3 update this afternoon was huge (> 1GB!), but upgraded MATE from 1.2 to 1.8, and that's welcome. Just an fyi, and thanks to the team. :D
Should be 1.12 to 1.18, but I'm sure that's what you mean. ;) Yes, quite some time ago Eric was busy porting 1.18 to FreeBSD. It took some time but eventually the FreeBSD GNOME project maintainer picked it up, polished it a bit and it went to the ports tree. I'm just a bit confused by it landing right now... What repository config do you use with your 10.3 installation? 1.18 has been in our repos for a while now and the same should apply to FreeBSD's "latest" repo. And the "quaterly" repo should not be rolled over to the next one in the middle of the month. Could it be that you didn't update since the beginning of October? In that case it would all make a lot more sense.

Anyway: The update to 1.18 has been one highlight for me as well! I had been envious of the availability of newer versions than 1.12 on other operating systems for long enough. :lol: And 1.18 is actually a pretty important release: Support for building with GTK+2 was dropped. So our main desktop is now GTK+3 only. One step into the future!
frogprince

Re: Latest Updates Bring MATE 1.8 to Ghost 10.3

Post by frogprince »

Kraileth: you are correct, it's 1.12 to 1.18.. :oops: I'm puzzled, but will accept the possibility that I hadn't updated 10.3 since October 1. In any case, it's a huge and much appreciated update, and my congratulations to the team on successfully putting this together. A 1 GB upgrade that runs that flawlessly is something to be proud of!
Vas you efer in Zinzinnati? Asus F1A75-M, AMD A8-3870 APU, 6 GB DDR3/120 GB SSD, GeForce 210, missing front drive panel just like its owner.