GhostBSD XFCE

Share your ideas, questions or suggestions with us here.
ASX

Re: GhostBSD XFCE

Post by ASX »

hank2000 wrote:Looks for me like a memory or hardware issue with my Asus netbook, don t You think?
Memory issue: unlikely, because if it was the case you would be experiencing lot of crashes from multiple apps, possibly filesystem corruption, kernel panics and so on

Hw issue: may be, cd/dvd drives aren't the most reliable type of hardware especially after a few years,
NevilleGoddard
Developer

Post by NevilleGoddard »

I agree with you about all the KDE libs. I personally have no trouble with xfburn. Brasero can be configured. Have you configured the plugins at all in Brasero?
I had trouble with a burning program until I did a lens clean on the drive itself. If that doesn't fix it I agree its probably a memory or hardware issue. Try xorriso from the command line.
hank2000

Post by hank2000 »

NevilleGoddard wrote:I agree with you about all the KDE libs. I personally have no trouble with xfburn. Brasero can be configured. Have you configured the plugins at all in Brasero?
I had trouble with a burning program until I did a lens clean on the drive itself. If that doesn't fix it I agree its probably a memory or hardware issue. Try xorriso from the command line.
thx for the suggestions Neville!
Thing is: since my internal HP drive is wrecked, I use the same Samsung ext. USB DVD Rec. on both my HP notebook as well as the Asus: with Notebook and Suse Brasero works perfect, with Asus.... crash... :?
And: Nope, I used xfburn and Brasero "as is" - except, for giving them a fix temp. directory during burning, so, good idea to look for the plugins. if not successful You already are on my way of dealing with certain projects via command line and do iso-burning via GUI! as I m so used to Brasero, I guess I d combine this with command line on GhostBSD.
But I ll try around a bit this sunday and see what s the result... 8-)

cheers
Achim
NevilleGoddard
Developer

Post by NevilleGoddard »

Good luck! :D
NevilleGoddard
Developer

Post by NevilleGoddard »

hank2000

Post by hank2000 »

NevilleGoddard wrote:This may help.

https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/1195/
hehehe, yes, indeed. was on that very page this morning already via Google search. :lol:
but this has to wait until I know, what went wrong in my last 10% of a MVS Mainframe system installation via Hercules & GhostBSD. That has me mentally "knocked out" today.... ###... then the "burning issue" right after...

best
Achim
NevilleGoddard
Developer

Post by NevilleGoddard »

I don't know what an MVS mainframe is, but I'm guessing it's an old piece of hardware?
ASX

Post by ASX »

NevilleGoddard wrote:I don't know what an MVS mainframe is, but I'm guessing it's an old piece of hardware?
You can safely say "ancient". :D
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MVS
NevilleGoddard
Developer

Post by NevilleGoddard »

Wow. That i truly ancient. I wonder how Achim got hold of that. If GhostBSD won't run on it, you can always try OpenBSD. That'll run on just about anything. OpenBSD couldn't handle my laptop's wireless card though. :)
When I was installing it and I got to network configuration it returned the message "HAL status 0"
NevilleGoddard
Developer

Post by NevilleGoddard »

MVS 1974????????