"freebsd-update upgrade" and GhostBSD

Post your general questions or comments about GhostBSD here!
ericbsd
Developer

Re: "freebsd-update upgrade" and GhostBSD

Post by ericbsd »

True but doesn't seems to be a problem, because there library get updated. Once we get our pkg repository this will change for sure.
vaisarger

Post by vaisarger »

Ok! :roll:

Probably, even though currently upgrading GhostBSD specific packages is possible (via git, etc.), it's maybe a little messed up, so it's far better give you time to build up your repo, thus follow the "easy way".

So, if I have understood correctly, my question "freebsd-update upgrade" and GhostBSD is to be put in stand-by...

:D ;)
ASX

Post by ASX »

Yes, thank you! :mrgreen:

Please enjoy the upcoming holidays ... while we will work hard on the repositories new feature! :lol:

~~~

If you desire to entertain yourself, please see this post from Angelescuo, which resume the required steps to turn a FreeBSD install into a GhostBSD install and implicitly list the packages in our github repo.

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=507#p2269

Have fun! ;)
vaisarger

Post by vaisarger »

ASX wrote: If you desire to entertain yourself, please see this post from Angelescuo, which resume the required steps to turn a FreeBSD install into a GhostBSD install and implicitly list the packages in our github repo.

viewtopic.php?f=59&t=507#p2269

Have fun! ;)
Thanks! :D
I'll see it...
ASX wrote:Yes, thank you! :mrgreen:

Please enjoy the upcoming holidays ... while we will work hard on the repositories new feature! :lol:
Well... I wish you too a great and relaxing time during the holidays... so... don't work too much! ;) ;) ;)
8-)

:D