Conky Install Half Working

Post your general questions or comments about GhostBSD here!
GhostHusker

Conky Install Half Working

Post by GhostHusker »

Anyone have Conky installed and fully working? I've got it partially working using the default config that loaded with it. However, it is not reading my network stats (changed from Eth0 to em0 as indicated by ifconfig) or IP address. I've got it working on a LinuxMint box, which I know is different just curious if maybe I need to modify the config or place it in a different folder or change the name of the config folder.

Running GBSD 3.5 on VM Player, 2 CPUs, 3 GB RAM
GhostHusker

Re: Conky Install Half Working

Post by GhostHusker »

Oh hey. Thanks for the links. I'm gonna go ahead and bookmark them for future reference.

I actually found the .conkyrc file. Apparently, I was searching for it and found a sample config that I was modifying and not the this one. Also, the links above talk about compiling with XFT. It doesn't look like I did that either, so, now to figure out how to fix that.

Thanks again. Keep up the good work.
TheRaven

Post by TheRaven »

GhostHusker wrote:Oh hey. Thanks for the links. I'm gonna go ahead and bookmark them for future reference.

I actually found the .conkyrc file. Apparently, I was searching for it and found a sample config that I was modifying and not the this one. Also, the links above talk about compiling with XFT. It doesn't look like I did that either, so, now to figure out how to fix that.

Thanks again. Keep up the good work.
Let us know how it all went for you when you get the chance.
pasban

Post by pasban »

I also just downloaded and installed Wine 1.6 from freeBsd packages repo not even two minutes ago; it is FBSD10.1, but I saw another thread here at GBSD indicating that the underlying FBSD system can be upgraded and updated to 10.1 so I feel this information pertinent. Wine 1.7 can be compiled from source obtained from Wine repos, but it may not yet be supported so I would stick to the freeBSD packages and ports.
We provide guarantee to pass spanishprograms.com gmat with online exam training spanishprograms - spanish sign language itil and you can also get best quality rosettastone mcat along with The Polyglot Club mcat for your guaranteed success.