GhostBSD vs MacOS X

Post your general questions or comments about GhostBSD here!
victorsk

GhostBSD vs MacOS X

Post by victorsk »

Hi everyone,

I tried GhostBSD on my VirtualBox and it worked very well and I want to try it installing it on my laptop but I had some problems with BSD-like filesystem structure on my MacOS X (hence my goal to use another laptop). As you know, Mac OS X uses BSD derivative in shell environment. I am a developer and tried to install NetBeans 7.4 with Cordova plugin on my Mac OS X but it never worked. It did work on my Debian machine. So, if GhostBSD is BSD and Mac OS X is BSD and I had these problems with my Mac OS X then will have same issues with GhostBSD? I'd like to know how similar Ghost BSD with Mac OS X BSD and whether the same issues I had with my Mac OS X BSD file structures be reflected in Ghost BSD system?

EDIT: I will add that I didn't get a chance to try NetBeans + Cordova work in GhostBSD VirtualBox to find out. I run VirtualBox on my Mac and use Debian only while trying GhostBSD for a limited time only without getting a more complete picture of how it would work with different development software.

Thank you,
Victor.
ericbsd
Developer

Re: GhostBSD vs MacOS X

Post by ericbsd »

The problem I have no problem to install GhostBSD on mac machine it is to boot it after I install it. Sorry I can't help you on that.
bsdkeith

Post by bsdkeith »

The Mac uses Darwin, a modified version of FreeBSD, GhostBSD is just FreeBSD made friendlier.
The major difference I think you will find between Debian & FreeBSD is likely to be where new software is installed. in FreeBSD it goes into /usr/local/bin/.
Linux user since 1999; & now a BSD user.
reeta

Post by reeta »

Great post
Join us for best Braindumps.com solution. Our CISSP braindumps pdf contains all the required Columbia University study material that you may need to pass real exam. See more detail about this products SAP on Facebook Good Luck.