Can't boot on GhostBSD

Questions about the installation of FreeBSD
Guilleghost

Can't boot on GhostBSD

Post by Guilleghost »

Hi!! today I've installed GhostBSD on the laptop, I have got Manjaro Linux on the same disk, but after installation is complete, It cannot boot from Manjaro because it says,it cannot find the partition where it should boot, I didn't check the option: "Install Ghost boot loader".Should I do it?. This is my first installation of BSD, I've always used Linux. :(
ericbsd
Developer

Re: Can't boot on GhostBSD

Post by ericbsd »

You should use grub for Manjaro to boot On GhostBSD.

http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=9050

It might help if not let us know.
Guilleghost

Post by Guilleghost »

Hi!, sorry for disappearing, but I had a lot of work, well, I went to this link you wrote, I have tried a lot of times but ,FreeBSD appears on grub screen where I boot Manjaro, but when I try to boot with FreeBSD a message is displayed by saying "the partition doesn't exist" so that it returns to boot Manjaro, I've changed partitions numbers several times,without good results, maybe there's something that I am doing in a wrong way.On the other hand,I've downloaded GhostBSD 3.5 Xfce desktop, burnt on a DVD media, but when I try to install it X-org fatal error,not found image. I will try to install from a stick memory, and see what happens. ;) .Give some tips, please, i thought in use all my disk to install GhostBSD 3.1, which works, ;)
Last edited by adripillo12 on Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Correcting some grammar
adripillo12

Post by adripillo12 »

Guilleghost wrote:Hi!, sorry for disappearing, but I had a lot of work, well, I went to this link you wrote, I have tried a lot of times but ,FreeBSD appears on grub screen where I boot Manjaro, but when I try to boot with FreeBSD a message is displayed by saying "the partition doesn't exist" so that it returns to boot Manjaro, I've changed partitions numbers several times,without good results, maybe there's something that I am doing in a wrong way.On the other hand,I've downloaded GhostBSD 3.5 Xfce desktop, burnt on a DVD media, but when I try to install it X-org fatal error,not found image. I will try to install from a stick memory, and see what happens. ;) .Give some tips, please, i thought in use all my disk to install GhostBSD 3.1, which works, ;)
What laptop do you have? And I recommend you to make 2 partitions. You can install Linux on one and GhostBSD on the other one and choose the boot loader.
But to be honest you can use full GhostBSD and delete Linux, except if you use it for something in particular.
Guilleghost

Post by Guilleghost »

I've got a HP Pavillion dv 2625la Notebook a bit old, but it works perfectly well on Linux, so that I think i will on GhostBSD,i've backed up all the archives, so I will delete linux partition and I'll install Ghost onto the whole disk,I will get you later!!! :) .Thank you very much for your reccomendation!!!
adripillo12

Post by adripillo12 »

Guilleghost wrote:I've got a HP Pavillion dv 2625la Notebook a bit old, but it works perfectly well on Linux, so that I think i will on GhostBSD,i've backed up all the archives, so I will delete linux partition and I'll install Ghost onto the whole disk,I will get you later!!! :) .Thank you very much for your reccomendation!!!
you're welcome, let us know how it works.