11.0 Pre Alpha 4 Issues

Questions about the installation of FreeBSD
fmh

11.0 Pre Alpha 4 Issues

Post by fmh »

I am working with the i386 Mate ISO of GhostBSD 11.0 PreAlpha4 in Virtual Box and VMWare Fusion(Mac) / Player(Windows). General VM settings are 2GB RAM, 64MB VRAM, 20GB Hard Disk, and NAT Ethernet.

Maybe half the time GhostBSD will fully boot to the Desktop. If it fails I will get the background picture but no Icons on the desktop.

When it does boot to the Desktop I will do the install with UFS. When installation is complete and I reboot Networking does not work. I don't get the usual NAT Ethernet and can not connect to the network.

So besides having issues to actually being able to get to install once installed no network adapter appears to GhostBSD.
ericbsd
Developer

Re: 11.0 Pre Alpha 4 Issues

Post by ericbsd »

I have made a mistake with the network manager, the setup of doas.conf this is why the network manager does not work properly.
In /usr/local/etc/doas.conf it should be like:

Code: Select all

permit :wheel
permit nopass keepenv root
permit nopass keepenv :wheel cmd netcardmgr
permit nopass keepenv :wheel cmd detect-nics
permit nopass keepenv :wheel cmd detect-wifi
permit nopass keepenv :wheel cmd ifconfig
permit nopass keepenv :wheel cmd service
permit nopass keepenv :wheel cmd wpa_supplicant
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

I have made new ISO ftp://ghostbsd.org/pub/GhostBSD/release ... .0-ALPHA1/.

It is not the official ALPHA one but since I need people to find all the problem I figure I give the link.
fmh

Post by fmh »

I will give the latest build a shot later today.
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

Let me know if there is any problem.
fmh

Post by fmh »

Hmm, My first response never got posted.

I downloaded the latest i386 Mate release and Networking is functioning properly again.

Only issue I am having is a hold over from 10.3. When in Firefox for sure and I am not sure if the strange behavior is in other apps but if you use the Mouse Scroll Wheel to scroll back to the top of a page it will not scroll back but Page Back instead. This was not in 10.1 but started happening in 10.3. I was hopping that it was going to go back to normal in 11.0.
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

Is it in virtualbox?

I have the same issue in VirtualBox, I did not found the cause of the problem yet.
fmh

Post by fmh »

If this thread is on real hardware then it is not only in Virtual Box or VMs. viewtopic.php?f=58&t=535

Yes this is in Virtual Box but I think it also is happening under VMWare also. I will have to check that out to be sure.
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

Oh yea I forgot that you mentioned it. :?
fmh

Post by fmh »

The Mouse Scroll wheel issue only appears to be happening in Virtual Box. I am running 11.0 A1 now in VMWare Player 12 and the Mouse and Scrolling seems to behaving correctly.