X fail on virtualbox

Questions about the installation of FreeBSD
pintergreg

X fail on virtualbox

Post by pintergreg »

I've just wanted to try GhostBSD 3.5RC on Virtualbox, but X failed and also said shared objects (libharfbuzz.so.0 and libwnck-1.so.22) not found.

ericbsd
Developer

Re: X fail on virtualbox

Post by ericbsd »

Yes, its X don,t load vboxvideo.
pintergreg

Post by pintergreg »

Thanks for the answer, I forgot to mention that it's the same on real hardware, corei3 with intel gpu... But it's not important anymore. So no driver is loaded on startup at all?

I tried `kldload vboxvideo` as root, but failed too... kldload can't load vboxvideo: No such file or directory.

Could you tell me the exact way to make X work?
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

The amd64 version miss a bunch of drivers that is probably why it is smaller than i386 version.
Xandra

Post by Xandra »

Hi!, sorry for disappearing, but I had a lot of work, well, I went to this link you wrote, I have tried a lot of times but ,FreeBSD appears on grub screen where I boot Manjaro, but when I try to boot with FreeBSD a message is displayed by saying "the partition doesn't exist" so that it returns to boot Manjaro, I've changed partitions numbers several times,without good results, maybe there's something that I am doing in a wrong way.On the other hand,I've downloaded GhostBSD 3.5 Xfce desktop, burnt on a DVD media, but when I try to install it X-org fatal error,not found image. I will try to install from a stick memory, and see what happens. ;) .Give some tips, please, i thought in use all my disk to install GhostBSD 3.1, which works, ;)
Whether you want to pass 1z0-591 latest dumps exam exams or looking for CISCO certification.