Live User doesn´t login

Questions about the installation of FreeBSD
mantisfistjabn

Live User doesn´t login

Post by mantisfistjabn »

Hi everyone!!!
I'm a Linux user and I wanna try with BSD to learn about this OS. But when I boot from my usb, Live user doesn't login, nor automatically neither clicking on it (in the latter case, the screen gone black and then return to login screen).
The only way I can enter the system is logged as root, but the installation icon does not appear in any place.
I really want to try the installation but this problem is bothering me.... :?
fmh

Re: Live User doesn´t login

Post by fmh »

Hello and welcome to GhostBSD.

To help you out we need more information. Which of the GhostBSD downloads did you use? 10.1 or older, Mate or XFCE, i386 or AMD64? Also in a Virtual Machine or real hardware?

I run older hardware and use the 10.1 MATE i386 and just booted off the ISO in Virtual Box and it did log into the GhostBSD Desktop with the Installer Icon.

Once we know which flavor you are using we can try and recreate the issue with the download you are using or find out if it is a hardware issue keeping GhostBSD from continuing on in the boot process.
mantisfistjabn

Post by mantisfistjabn »

GhostBSD 10.1 Xfce i386 in real hardware. That is the ISO I'm using

Edit 1: I run the ISO in VirtualBox and all seems Ok, even the Installer Icon.

Edit 2: It's not my PC. Booting the usb in other machine the problem is the same. Not auto-login, blackscreen when you try to log Live user account.
fmh

Post by fmh »

I read somewhere in the past that there is a way to see the boot logs. I never had to do it so I need to find out where the logs get created to. If someone else knows off the top of their heads please chime in.

Does your PC have a DVD Drive? If so try creating a DVD and booting off of that just in case something went wrong in creating the USB device.
mantisfistjabn

Post by mantisfistjabn »

I will try booting a DVD, maybe something went wrong creating de Usb.
mantisfistjabn

Post by mantisfistjabn »

Dear friends, I could install GhostBSD. I wrote my whole experience in the link below (in Spanish but I translating it)

https://mantisfistjabn.wordpress.com/20 ... stalacion/
mantisfistjabn

Post by mantisfistjabn »

mantisfistjabn wrote:Dear friends, I could install GhostBSD. I wrote my whole experience in the link below (in Spanish but I translating it)

https://mantisfistjabn.wordpress.com/20 ... stalacion/

EDIT: I've translated the posts. Please read it, and tell me your opinions :oops:
Osawakaten

Post by Osawakaten »

I never had to do it so I need to find out where the logs get created to.
sbobet666
ASX

Post by ASX »

Osawakaten wrote:I never had to do it so I need to find out where the logs get created to.
sbobet666
/tmp/.pc-sysinstall/pc-sysinstall.log

Post by 5555624 »

mantisfistjabn wrote:EDIT: I've translated the posts. Please read it, and tell me your opinions :oops:
Thanks for this! I kept getting stuck at the same place -- the Live session wouldn't log in. I could change the user and log in as root, but that didn't give me the installation option. I had been using Rufus and had tried different ISOs, then I saw your comment "Tools like UltraISO, Unetbootin, YUMI or Rufus are not 100% compatible with BSD ISO...." I used another tool to create the USB and the install is working fine. Thanks.