For those having trouble with GBI...

Questions about the installation of FreeBSD
MortemVitae

For those having trouble with GBI...

Post by MortemVitae »

Should anyone be having difficulty with the GBI installer failing, especially during partitioning, know that you should first use gparted live to make a primary partition, then the install works flawlessly. I was having difficulty installing from the GhostBSD 4.0 Live USB all morning (beautifully made BTW), and after a little reading succeeded after using gparted live to partition the "unallocated space" made from an existing M$ Win7 install to a primary ext2 partition, choosing partitions in GBI, deleting the ext2 and choosing "auto" for the new scheme. Now to configure.
ericbsd
Developer

Re: For those having trouble with GBI...

Post by ericbsd »

In GhostBSD 4.0 GBI had multipal bug in it with a hold version of pc-sysinstall that was not working properly.

I use a fresh pc-sysinstall form pcbsd repository which I also commit code pc-sysinstall you can blame me for GPT suport on pc-sysinstall. Now 4.5 or I should call it 10.1 will come with lot fix for the installer. A beta update manager is in is way for GhostBSD 10.1.
MortemVitae

Post by MortemVitae »

Glad to hear, I still had trouble with updating. I followed the instructions from your blog and from this forum that I could find, altering the conf to say "new_xorg" instead of "latest"-which prevented me from being able to update anything so I set it back-upgrading xorg and xf86 from ports with portupgrade and then upgrading the rest of the system with pkg-which sadly resulted in the system starting but no desktop manager or desktop.
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

New Xorg is now default no need to change latest to new-xorg.