How to correct this error in xorg?, in Ghosbsd 4 of 32 bits.

Questions about the installation of FreeBSD
teron

How to correct this error in xorg?, in Ghosbsd 4 of 32 bits.

Post by teron »

GhostBSD4 RELEASE of 32bit xorg fails, the screen goes black when testing Live Image, with GhostBSD4.0-RC1-i386.img not have xorg fails, how to correct this error in xorg?. :oops:
fmh

Re: How to correct this error in xorg?, in Ghosbsd 4 of 32 b

Post by fmh »

What is the command are you running? I have 32-bit GhostBSD4 running. Let me see if it does the same thing for me.
teron

Post by teron »

fmh wrote:What is the command are you running? I have 32-bit GhostBSD4 running. Let me see if it does the same thing for me.
In the test Live Image, xorg fails, the screen goes black. :|
Stuz719

Post by Stuz719 »

Yes, same here - xorg is complaining about a Radeon driver by the looks of the message (sorry, forgot to copy it down!) - I'm trying on a Thinkpad T42 which has been running earlier versions of GhostBSD no problem - apart from now saying that there is a segmentation error when running pkg upgrade.
Jochen

Post by Jochen »

Same problem here. Ghostbsd 4 64-bit on Lenovo Thinkpad T61 with ordinary Intel graphics. Boots fine, but when starting X -> only black scren. No console switching possible (Ctrl-Alt-F1)
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

It is a hold problem since the day I started that project and it still happening, it is annoying it is mostly due to Xorg and GDM. For 4.5 I move to PCDM and FreeBSD have made a change lately that might solve the problem with Intel. I will like to help, but without the hardware I can't help.

I hope GhostBSD 4.5 will finally be done with that problem.
ppasban

Post by ppasban »

Hello.
I just did, successfully, using dd if=*.img of=/dev/... in a Ubuntu distro.
Best
Pedrito
We offer best quality pmp certification test papers and test-king ielts exam preparation dumps materials. You can get our 100% guaranteed questions coloradomesa.edu to help you in passing the real exam. flsouthern.edu
teron

Post by teron »

ericbsd wrote: For 4.5 I move to PCDM and FreeBSD have made a change lately that might solve the problem with Intel. I will like to help, but without the hardware I can't help.
I hope GhostBSD 4.5 will finally be done with that problem.
You mean with that? Abandon the project GhostBSD? When I proved GhostBSD 4 in beta, it looked good, and when he came to RELEASE, finally gave in Xorg error when testing the ISO Live. I hope to not pass with the next versions, the GhostBSD of the line UNIX can triumph in short time. :|
fmh

Post by fmh »

I think what Eric meant was that not having the exact same hardware as you he can not debug and correct this issue and that with the next release of GhostBSD with the updated FreeBSD core that the problem will be solved.
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

Thing is 4.0 was released late in the year when I should had wait for FreeBSD 10.1. GhostBSD 4.0 is build on top of custom software and GhostBSD 10.1 will be build on top of FreeBSD 10.1 software.

teron if no one invest time to help build GhostBSD a better OS GhostBSD never triumph and might died. Like I always said GhostBSD is an one man show and if no one else contribute to the project the project will eventually died. I have always been open for help and support for the development part, but know one seams to be interested to do.

I can only work with the information I have and I need help with debugging and finding problem in development release.

Beta testing is start, but good detail well explain will help, but most people failed that.

I have trow a bunch of issue reports just because it does not help to fix the issue.