Can not start startx live dvd 3.5.1

Need support for GhostBSD. Ask here if your question does not fit elsewhere.
Combat

Can not start startx live dvd 3.5.1

Post by Combat »

I downloaded the latest ghostbsd 3.5.b1 and it won't display login.

it errors out with 'failed to set mtrr: Invalid argument'

/use/local/bin/startxfce4: X server already running on display :1

Shared object 'libharfbuzz.so.0'. not found, required by 'libwnck-1.so.22'

xinit: connection to X server lost.

Then talks about a "bad display name lived:1''

Thanks AnyOne
ericbsd
Developer

Re: Can not start startx live dvd 3.5.1

Post by ericbsd »

In the amd64 version some package are missing it can't be fix in the live system it will be solve in second BETA.
Combat

Post by Combat »

Why then is it still available for download?, There is no warning either.I think that is pathetic,you are wasting peoples time and effort.
Combat

Post by Combat »

SourceForge
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

This is a development release not an official release and BETA2 is in build Process which this bug is eliminated.
Also for your info I am alone for the development of this system and I have limited time to work on GhostBSD. Managing the maintaining the web accurately developing GhostBSD, building the iso, and testing it in the same time is hard. It is harder because I work in a warehouse 8 a day for putting food on the table and a family to take care. Sorry but my focus is to fix issue, finish the new design and adding all the setting of LXDE Openbox and Mate.

To me a BETA can be a failure, but a RC need to good and final RELEASE need to be perfect.
bsdkeith

Post by bsdkeith »

I totally agree; an Alpha is a first try & a Beta the second, they are for people willing to find bugs to be sorted out before a RC (Release Candidate).

If you don't want any hassel, either use a 'final' release, or an older release.

This will be good judging by the 32bit Beta1 release, which is almost perfect. Maybe try that to better evaluate GhostBSD 3.5.
Linux user since 1999; & now a BSD user.
leegold

Post by leegold »

Hi,

If the live boot does not work then at the very least that should be clearly stated.

I just downloaded, burned it to a DVD, and booted it and nothing - just a black screen.

Why don't you wait until you have time before releasing it to *test* it? Take your time! What is the rush?
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

3.5 BETA2 has been released yesterday, you should be able to boot up in the desktop, if not that mean your hardware is not compatible. I will like to know the hardware the i can look if I can fix.