No media player running

Need support for GhostBSD. Ask here if your question does not fit elsewhere.
christophe60_fr

No media player running

Post by christophe60_fr »

Hi everybody,

GhostBSD 10.3 ALPHA2 XFCE 64-bit.
I'm unable to run any multimedia player, whether UMPlayer, SMPlayer, GNOME Mplayer or even VLC.
What's wrong ? A firewall that interferes ?
ericbsd
Developer

Re: No media player running

Post by ericbsd »

Can you start it from a terminal and see if there is an error? If yes please paste it here.
christophe60_fr

Here is the message I have by launching VLC from a terminal :

Votre média d'entrée ne peut être ouvert:
VLC ne peut pas ouvrir « mafreebox.freebox.fr ». Vérifiez les messages pour plus de détails.

I misspoke. What I mean is that I have access without problem to the files shared on my network, for example from Windows or from my Freebox. But no video existing on my Freebox can be read. With Mplayer, I have no message. Simply, the player opens but nothing happens.

And gnome mplayer from a terminal :

(gnome-mplayer:6062): Gtk-WARNING **: Impossible de trouver le moteur de thème dans module_path : « murrine »
GMLIB-Message: after init: position=0.000 length=0.000 start_time=0.000 run_time=0.000 volume=0.00 player=dead media=unknown uri=
christophe60_fr

Hi,

I come back to this thread and I ask the question differently: is there a firewall enabled by default, and if so, how to disable it ?
Thanks.
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

It shouldn't be one active.
christophe60_fr

Ok, strange. No active firewall, access to the network shared files without problems, but no possibility to use any media player or even any picture viewer (by cons, viewing pictures through the network works perfectly with Gimp or LibreOffice).

Moreover, large regression issue with GhostBSD 10.3 BETA1 XFCE 64-bit : US keyboard instead of the French keyboard on each reboot, no XFCE in French even with a correct /usr/local/etc/gdm/locale.conf.
I will try to redo an install tonight, just to take a look.
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

If possible can you provide me the information of your network shared file that I can reproduce it.