Blank screen when using mouse buttons in GDM

Need support for GhostBSD. Ask here if your question does not fit elsewhere.
descasa

Blank screen when using mouse buttons in GDM

Post by descasa »

Hello all.

The Enter key on my ageing laptop, a Lenovo ThinkPad SL400, has come loose so I had to remove the keycap. The key itself works, sort of -- I sometimes have to hit it a few times for it to register, although I think that has more to do with where I hit it. And in any case, there are other ways to register [[Enter]], e.g., the mouse buttons.

For instance, in the GDM screen, I can click on my name instead of hitting [[Enter]], and GDM will then ask for my password. I type it in, then either hit OK with the mouse button, or tab over to it and hit [[Space]].

Trouble is, when I do either, I get a blank screen, and have to ssh over from either my BeagleBone, or from my tablet, then sudo reboot.

In contrast, when I use the [[Enter]] key, the mouse pointer turns into the rotating ball signalling that X is loading up.

Anyone else with this situation. It's not really a problem for me, just a minor nuisance
Technologist. Writer and Editor. Shakespearean actor
Google Plus: http://google.com/+DanielEscasa
Twitter: @silverlokk

If we choose being kind over being right, we will be right every time.
ericbsd
Developer

Re: Blank screen when using mouse buttons in GDM

Post by ericbsd »

I am note sure can cause that, but did you add some configuration and did you look at /var/log to see if GDM or Xorg have any problem?
ericbsd
Developer

Post by ericbsd »

You know what I think it is the last update of GDM that cause that, is the blank screen is the GDM wallpaper and hang there? Because I did get that when I did update on my ThinkPad when I do the wrong password.
descasa

Post by descasa »

Hi Eric. I just get the cursor on a blank screen. It does sound like a problem with GDM. They may be getting reports of this issue, and may be preparing another update
Technologist. Writer and Editor. Shakespearean actor
Google Plus: http://google.com/+DanielEscasa
Twitter: @silverlokk

If we choose being kind over being right, we will be right every time.