Failed to install on ThinkPad T440p

Need support for GhostBSD. Ask here if your question does not fit elsewhere.
lotech

Failed to install on ThinkPad T440p

Post by lotech »

I've successfully installed GhostBSD on different computers before, but failed to install the current version 23.10.1 on Thinkpad, it has Intel and GeForce graphics, but the installer got to the GUI then halt with cursor and mouse pointer on screen only. I tried both VGA and DP on the BIOS but the same problem, any comment ?
lotech

Re: Failed to install on ThinkPad T440p

Post by lotech »

Some update.

I play around with the BIOS to try all display options, and don't know why I can no longer get to the GUI during boot, and now I can see more detail of the problem on the log file, but since it's live I could not capture the file, but I can see there's problem loading the Nivida driver.

"The NVIDIA GeForce GT 730M GPU installed in this system is support through the NIVIDIA 470.xx Legacy driver..... The 535.104.05 DVIDIA driver will be ignore this GPU. Continuing probe...Fatal server error: no screens found(EE)....Server terminated with error (1)..."

Any idea ?
ericbsd
Developer

Re: Failed to install on ThinkPad T440p

Post by ericbsd »

GhostBSD does not support automatically setting up hybrid GPU yet. Without nvidia-hybrid-graphics installed, it will most likely not work.