Hello And a Question About Caja

Need support for GhostBSD. Ask here if your question does not fit elsewhere.
Reid

Hello And a Question About Caja

Post by Reid »

Hello All. New User to GhostBSD. First I will have to admit that health problems sometimes make it hard for me to think. This means my first step with a problem is to figure out if the problem is with me or the software. I am having problems with the caja file manager. Anybody else noticing problems. I have checked linux boards and found people there are having problems with caja.
Thankyou for your time.
vimanuelt

Re: Hello And a Question About Caja

Post by vimanuelt »

We need to duplicate your steps to reproduce the issue. Can you tell us the steps and the outcome which you experienced?
wb7odyfred

Post by wb7odyfred »

Reid wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:56 pm Hello All. New User to GhostBSD. First I will have to admit that health problems sometimes make it hard for me to think. This means my first step with a problem is to figure out if the problem is with me or the software. I am having problems with the caja file manager. Anybody else noticing problems. I have checked linux boards and found people there are having problems with caja.
Thankyou for your time.
Glad you are here testing GhostBSD and asking a good question.

Share with us your troubles with Caja file manager. Give us a list of steps, so we can recreate the problem you see

https://t.me/ghostbsd telegram group pf 700+ users of GhostBSD. You are welcome to join and chat..

Welcome to Ghostbsd. i hope you find enjoyment and stavility using GhostBSD..
Reid

Post by Reid »

I used caja to copy 3 folders from usb memory stick to hard drive. When I tried to rename a file in one folder it would not work. No problems with files in the other 2 folders. I checked file permissions from caja and with ls -l on the command line. All looked good. When I copy a file from the 'bad' folder to another folder I can rename it.
Another copy operation from hard drive to usb stick seemed to go well but when I tried to shut down the machine an hour later I was told caja was still running. And there have been a small number of other odd things. With so many odd things going on I suspect my low end hardware is the problem. Time to dig through the stash of parts and see if I can put together another machine and try again. Thank you for time.
Reid

Post by Reid »

Just a quick note to say I have put together another machine and installed GhostBSD on it. No spooky things in caja this time.