Network Browsing

Need support for GhostBSD. Ask here if your question does not fit elsewhere.
fmh

Network Browsing

Post by fmh »

What's the best way to browse the network you are on in GhostBSD? I finally have GhostBSD4 RC1 up and running on a machine dedicated to GhostBSD. I installed most of the programs that I will be using on a regular basis on the machine. Now I want to be able to access data from other Windows and OSX computers on my network.

I launched Caja and clicked on the Browse Network icon and I get 'Unable to Mount location'.

I am trying 'mount_smbfs' command but haven't been successful yet in getting the proper string entered.

Is there a Network Browser for FreeBSD that I can install and use? I didn't look into SAMBA as I figured this shouldn't be that big of a deal to browse my local network.
ericbsd
Developer

Re: Network Browsing

Post by ericbsd »

I use sftp and ssh for all my computers but I only run on BSD, MacOSX and sometime Ubuntu, I don't use windows, but it is possible using Samba. I have Google drive where I put my important work, in which I use Grive on GhostBSD/FreeBSD. In the future we might have a Samba system to do all those thing easily.
fmh

Re: Network Browsing

Post by fmh »

I kind of figured FTP. I can turn on FTP with a G4 Mac I have here. For right now the files I need I transferred over via a USB stick.