Wireless Internet not happening

Need support for GhostBSD. Ask here if your question does not fit elsewhere.
therugbycoach

Wireless Internet not happening

Post by therugbycoach »

Hi All
I recentlt downloaded and burt Ghost Bsd to try out as a live disc to see if i would like BSD , which i tried disasterously many years ago in an attempt to find a windows alternative. i guess i didn´t have time or patience to get to understand it...

anyway so far i like the look and feel of GhostBSD as a live disc.. the problem i have is that i can´t get it to dectect my wireless.. and as I live in a pretty remote area where it is costly to have cables put it (the price you pay to live in a country with more freedom and good weather) we have one house on our land that has cable we all use that to get our wirless from

On the main screen there is a folder named WIFI Note that says my internet is configured etc which gives some information and the terminal coding for getting it all up and running.

i tried that and the network connections dialog UI which says that it is UP,,, though no details of the connection are in that box the Power Icon top right corner is Blue when network is UP i tried search new networks....nothing

The network we have is secured but nothing has come up to ask for that password

a dialog box does pop up asking for administrator password which i dont have I tried the WAP password in it and it made no difference than not putting one in

I am using the same wireless on this laptop as i was before so i have a connection, and it has always been easy on other Distros i have tried I have a basic Dell Latitude D630 with 2gb ram and 250 gb GDD. and at the moment it is running with a ubuntu derivative on live disc

so maybe i am missing something in my understanding on getting the wireless set up, maybe the administrator password is the key.

some guidance would be appreciated...
ericbsd
Developer

Re: Wireless Internet not happening

Post by ericbsd »

Hi I will like to point you to http://wiki.ghostbsd.org/index.php?title=FAQ#Network you will find all you need there. If you still have problem I will like to help you.
therugbycoach

Re: Wireless Internet not happening

Post by therugbycoach »

thanks for the rapid reply i need to go and print the wiki so i can access it when i have ghost running i will let you know the outcome